Argo cornstarch baking powder baking soda Barilla pasta Bertolli extra-virgin olive oil Black pepper Bob’s Red Mill Borden brown sugar Campbell’s soups Casserole Chiquita Clabber Girl College Inn Cool Whip crock pot Daisy sour cream dessert Dole Domino sugar eat Eggland’s Best eggs Fisher nuts food Gold Medal flour granulated sugar Green giant Hershey Hodgkin’s Mill hot sausage pizza roll-ups Jell-O Jif peanut butter Johnsonville Keebler Kerrygold butter Kosher Salt Kraft Land O Lakes butter Libby McCormick spices Morton Salt Pam cooking spray Pepperidge Farm Philadelphia cream cheese powdered sugar recipe Ritz crackers Sara Lee Sargento slow cooker Thorn Apple Valley Toll House TruMoo milk Tyson vanilla vanilla extract Vlasic Wesson vegetable oil Whipped Topping
The Easiest Way To Eat Pizza
- For the Sausage Filling:
- 1 lb package of Hot Italian Sausage crumbled
- 2 cups Kraft mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 15 oz can of Hunt's diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pizza crusts I used Pillsbury
- For the Sauce:
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1½ tsp basil
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400° and grease 2 large baking sheet. Set aside.
- For the Sausage Filling: Remove sausage from casing and add to large skillet.
- Crumble and cook over medium heat until done.
- Drain grease, reserving 2 tablespoons and add back to pan. Set sausage aside.
- Saute onions and garlic until done.
- Pour diced tomatoes to skillet with onions and garlic.
- Sprinkle basil, oregano, salt and pepper into the tomato mixture.
- Cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Return Italian sausage to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Unroll pizza doughs and place on lightly floured counter/cutting board.
- Spoon sausage mixture onto each pizza dough and roll up lengthwise.
- Seal seam with a little water and seal up the ends.
- Pop in the oven for 14-17 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, slice into 2 inch pieces.
- For the Sauce: In a medium size pan, add vegetable oil, heat over medium/low heat. Add onions and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, oregano, basil and pepper.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally. Simmer approximately 20 minutes.
ADAPTED FROM Great Grub, Delicious Treats