Argo cornstarch baking powder baking soda Barilla pasta Bertolli extra-virgin olive oil Black pepper Bob’s Red Mill Borden brown sugar Campbell’s soups Casserole Chiquita Clabber Girl College Inn Cool Whip crock pot Daisy sour cream dessert Dole Domino sugar eat Eggland’s Best eggs Fisher nuts food Gold Medal flour granulated sugar Green giant Hershey Hodgkin’s Mill Jell-O Jif peanut butter Johnsonville Keebler Kerrygold butter Kosher Salt Kraft Land O Lakes butter Libby McCormick spices Morton Salt Pam cooking spray Pepperidge Farm Philadelphia cream cheese powdered sugar recipe Ritz crackers Sara Lee Sargento slow cooker slow cooker corned beef and cabbage Thorn Apple Valley Toll House TruMoo milk Tyson vanilla vanilla extract Vlasic Wesson vegetable oil Whipped Topping
Fall Apart Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- ½ pound small potatoes, halved
- 1 corned beef brisket (about 3 pounds), plus pickling spice packet or 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 2 8-ounce beers, ale or lager works best
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ head Savoy cabbage, cut into 1½-inch wedges
- ½ cup Daisy sour cream
- 3-4 tablespoons prepared horseradish to taste
- In a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker, place the carrots, onion and potatoes. Place corned beef, fat side up, on top of the vegetables and sprinkle with pickling spice. Pour the beers over the vegetables and brisket. Sprinkle with the sprigs of fresh thyme. Cover and cook on high until corned beef is tender, 5-6 hours or 10-12 hours on low.
- Arrange cabbage over corned beef, cover, and continue cooking until cabbage is tender, 45 min to 1 hour (or 1½ to 2 hours on low).
- Meanwhile, mix the sour cream and horseradish together. Thinly slice the corned beef against the grain and serve with the vegetables and cooking liquid with the horseradish sauce.