Argo cornstarch baking powder baking soda Barilla pasta Bertolli extra-virgin olive oil Black pepper Bob’s Red Mill Borden brown sugar Campbell’s soups Casserole Chiquita Clabber Girl College Inn Cool Whip crock pot Daisy sour cream dessert Dole Domino sugar eat Eggland’s Best eggs Fisher nuts food Gold Medal flour granulated sugar Green giant Hershey Hodgkin’s Mill Jell-O Jif peanut butter Johnsonville Keebler Kerrygold butter Kosher Salt Kraft Land O Lakes butter Libby McCormick spices Morton Salt Pam cooking spray Pepperidge Farm Philadelphia cream cheese powdered sugar recipe Ritz crackers Sara Lee Sargento slow cooker slow cooker bolognese spaghetti Thorn Apple Valley Toll House TruMoo milk Tyson vanilla vanilla extract Vlasic Wesson vegetable oil Whipped Topping
Let The Slow Cooker Handle Your Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 brown onions , finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic , minced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- 1 kg | 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) red wine
- 2 x 28-ounce cans of Hunt's crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 ml) Campbell's beef stock
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 large carrot , chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder
- 2-3 teaspoons Morton salt , adjust to your tastes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- Cracked pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh , chopped parsley
- To serve:
- Spaghetti or other pasta , cooked
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the garlic; cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add the beef, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon. Fry until just beginning to brown (about 2-3 minutes); transfer to a 6-quart slow cooker bowl.
- Return the skillet to the stove; pour in the wine while scraping any bits of the fried meat from the pan. Bring to a gentle simmer and transfer to the slow cooker bowl.
- To the slow cooker bowl: add in the crushed tomatoes, beef stock, tomato paste, carrot, stock powder (or crushed bouillon cubes), salt, oregano, basil, sugar and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or high for 3-4 hours. Add in the chopped parsley before serving.
- In the last 15 minutes of cooking time, boil pasta in salted water following packet instructions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Pour the reserved water back into the pasta along with 2 cups cooked bolognese sauce. Stir until the sauce is thick enough to coat the pasta. Serve with parmesan cheese and (extra) chopped parsley, if desired.
ADAPTED FROM Cafe Delites